PLEASE NOTE THIS TRAINING HAS SOLD OUT- TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST, PLEASE EMAIL PAMELAA@WESTSIDERC.ORG
ADDITIONAL TRAININGS WILL BE SCHEDULED AFTER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR (2019)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE WRC WEBSITE SELF-DETERMINATION PAGE AND ATTEND AN UPCOMING SELF DETERMINATION MEETING AT WRC
Are you interested in becoming a professional Independent Facilitator for the Self-Determination Program?
SELF-DETERMINATION PROGRAM INDEPENDENT FACILITATOR 2-DAY TRAINING
Friday, NOVEMBER 30, 2018 and Monday, DECEMBER 3, 2018
8:30 AM TO 1:00PM
Registration begins at 8 am
Westside Regional Center – 3rd Floor Board Room
5901 Green Valley Circle
Culver City 90230
COST – $25.00 for both days
Includes breakfast and snacks
PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND BOTH DAYS TO RECEIVE CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE.
THIS TRAINING WILL BE CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH. THERE WILL BE FUTURE TRAININGS IN SPANISH.
The trainings will cover:
• Self-determination values and principles and the roles of the Independent Facilitator
• Helping the participant lead their person-centered plan
• Identifying services and supports in the community
• Assisting the participant in developing their individual budget
• Advocating for the participant at their IPP
• Accessing generic resources, including public benefits, education, and natural supports
• Managing workers, service providers, and supports
There will be a pre- and post-test about what you learned.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION – MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH Attendees must be registered
Sponsored by the Westside Regional Center Self-Determination Local Advisory Committee
For more information contact Pamela Arturi at email@example.com (310)258-4276