A brush fire erupted along the 405 Freeway early Monday in the Sepulveda Pass. Here is what you need to know:
- The mandatory evacuation zone was described by fire officials as a box: Mulholland Drive on the north side, the 405 on the east, Sunset Boulevard on the south and Temescal Canyon Road on the west.
- An evacuation warning zone was set for west of Temescal Canyon Road, south of Mulholland Drive, north of Sunset Boulevard and east of Topanga Canyon.
- 405 N. from Sunset to Mulholland (the off ramps are closed)
- Full closure of the Southbound 405 from the 101 to Sunset Blvd. (including all on ramps and off ramps)
- Transitions East and West off the 101 to the Southbound 405 will be closed
- Southbound PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) from Temescal Canyon is closed
- All Santa Monica and Malibu schools are closed. Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences in Santa Monica, a private school, also is closed.
- The following LAUSD campuses are closed:
- University High School Charter
- Emerson Middle School
- Revere Middle School
- Brentwood Elementary
- Brockton Elementary
- Canyon Elementary
- Community Magnet
- Fairburn Elementary
- Kentner Elementary
- Marquez Elementary
- Palisades Elementary
- Roscomare Elementary
- Nora Sterry Elementary
- Topanga Elementary
- Warner Elementary
- Westwood Elementary
- The following Charter schools are closed:
- Palisades Charter High School
- Gateway and Ivy Park campuses of Citizens of the World Charter School
- Magnolia Science Academy No. 4
- Magnolia Science Academy No. 6
- The following university campuses are closed:
- Santa Monica College cited air quality issues related to the Getty fire in its decision to close the campus Monday. “SMC will continue to monitor conditions and provide updates to college employees, students, and stakeholders as we learn more via college email, the official Twitter account @SMC_edu, and the college website: smc.edu,” the school said.
- UCLA announced at 9:30 a.m. it was canceling classes. The university said the Getty fire doesn’t pose an immediate threat to the campus, but noted members of the campus community live in evacuation areas or may be affected by road closures.
- Westwood Recreation Center, 1350 Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Van Nuys/ Sherman Oaks Recreation Center, 14201 Huston St., Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Stoner Recreation Center, 1835 Stoner Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Palisades Recreation Center, 851 Alma Real Dr., Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center, 2551 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90064
- West Valley Animal Shelter, 20655 Plummer St, Chatsworth, CA 91311
- West Los Angeles Animal Care Center, 11361 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Hansen Dam Recreation Center (for large animals), 11770 Foothill Blvd., Lake View Terrace, CA 91342