Westside Regional Center: Update FY19-20 Community Resource Development Plan Priorities
Post Date: May 31, 2019
Westside Regional Center (WRC) priorities considered for the Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP) proposals to the Department of Developmental Services include but may not be limited to development in the following areas:
- WRC12-13-4 Continued (EBSH-8013 Ramsgate) Additional funds needed for renovation work at this residential facility.
- WRC1617-6 Continued (EBSH Ainsworth) – Additional funds needed for renovation work at this residential facility.
- Housing services
- Multi-Family Housing Project (s) and renovation of existing units in MF buildings to be set aside for individuals with developmental disabilities at 30% of SSI.
- Housing Consultant service to cultivate relationships with existing developers in the community.
- Two Family Teaching Homes with substance abuse component
- Enhanced Behavior Support Homes
- Specialized Residential Facility to serve the LGBTQIA community. Project will be a joint partnership with FDLRC.
- Specialized Day Services for individuals with chronic health issues, severe sensory issues living in WRC community and ARFPSHN Homes
- Day Support services for individuals with Mental Health and Substance Abuse issues
- Development of partnership with specialized physicians and Medical Doctors to increase access to healthcare under the WRC Community Resource Development Health Plan.
- A joint project with TCRC, NLACRC and WRC for the ARMADILLO Training Series for Individuals with high-risk behaviors.
- Customized/Supportive employment for people with medical needs.
- TAY – DCFS and Emancipation
- Specialized Transportation Options for individuals with behavioral challenges
- Self-Advocacy Groups that provide outlets for individuals to socialize and establish friendships
- Ride Share/Van Conversions for individuals with Medical needs
Any additional input from persons served/family members, service providers and advocates in the WRC community should be submitted to WRC as soon as possible for consideration in the development of proposals for submittal to DDS for funding requests. Please submit input to Daniel Hoyos at email@example.com or (310) 258-4134.
*All projects for the WRC CRDP will be culturally and linguistically sensitive and will be in compliance with the Home and Community Based Services Settings Rule.