- WRC has received several shipments of specialized N95 masks from the Department of Developmental Services and from Los Angeles County Public Health.
As many of you are aware, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that the N95 masks should be reserved for direct health care providers only. Therefore, our instructions were that these were to be distributed to direct care providers, including residential providers, Independent Living Services Providers, Supported Living Service Providers and respite providers. At this time we have been able to deliver the majority of these masks to the direct care providers.
- WRC does have an additional supply of N95 masks and there has been a number of questions about how these are being distributed.
As stated above, we are reserving the medical grade N95 masks for direct health care providers as needed, per state and federal guidelines. At this point it is very difficult to know how many we may need and are still being informed that there may be an increase in cases (which is anticipated through the end of May). Therefore we are reserving supplies for this reason.
- If you are COVID-19 positive or suspect that an individual that we support may be COVID-19 positive, please notify the service coordinator of that person immediately, and we will contact you to assist in getting additional supplies including N95 masks for those individuals and their providers.
We understand everyone’s concern for their own and their loved ones’ safety and continue to encourage everyone to follow local public health guidelines which include:
- Sheltering in place
- Only going out for essential work and/or needed household supplies
- If you do need to go out, wearing some type of cloth face covering to prevent potential spread of COVID-19
We are trying to reach out to all of the individuals that we support as often as we can and we also encourage families to keep in touch with us. Please let us know if there are any needs or additional supports that you may need during this time.
With this in mind, we need to find ways to come together and support one another more than ever and work collectively to support one another. If people have concerns or suggestions for us, I encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your feedback. Using this feedback, I will be doing a video to answer your questions and respond to your comments. This video will be posted on our website and social media for you to view.
Be well, and stay safe. We will get through this together.
All my best,