This webinar will provide an overview of:
- the changes to special education and distance learning for the 2020-2021 school year;
- your educational rights;
- how to get the most out of your Individualized Education Program (IEP) and Individualized Transition Plan (ITP);
- tips for academic success;
- services and supports available at the regional center;
- helpful resources in your community;
- and more.
Time will also be given for attendees to ask questions.
Presented by WRC’s Education Advocacy Specialists: Barbara Marbach, Ron Lopez and Feben Fantu.
How to Attend this Event:
Online through Zoom: To access this event through Zoom, please click here to register in advance.
By Phone (Audio Only): Call (669) 900-6833. When prompted, enter the following information:
- Webinar ID: 949 2238 2490
- Participant ID: 448552
About the Series:
This webinar is part 1 of a 7 part online series called Transitioning from High School to Community Life.
The objective of this monthly, online series is to prepare students for life after high school: college, employment, living independently, changes in health care, and more. This series is intended for adolescents and young adults (ages 14 to 21) with disabilities, their families and the professionals that support them.