Intake Process—3 Years of Age and Older
What is Intake?
Intake is a process to determine if an individual has a condition that meets the criteria for regional center eligibility. Westside Regional Center’s eligibility team reviews social, medical, psychological and educational information to get a clear picture of the person. A diagnosis and an impact in overall functioning that is reasonably attributed to the eligible condition are required for eligibility. This information may come from outside sources and/or from interviews and testing. Below is an overview of the process:
Family member contacts WRC to speak to an intake coordinator and requests an application to receive Regional Center Services.
The family completes and submits the application along with any records including school Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and/or assessments, private evaluations and any pertinent medical records.
After WRC receives the completed application and records, you will be notified if more information is needed or contacted to schedule an intake meeting. This includes an interview with an intake counselor as well as psychological assessments.
WRC will schedule and complete any necessary assessments at no cost to the family. At minimum this will include a meeting with an intake counselor and a psychological assessment.
An eligibility team will review your records and assessments. Once a decision is made, an intake coordinator will contact you to inform you of your child’s eligibility status and team recommendations. If not eligible, the intake team will make recommendations and try to provide you with appropriate resources in the community. If you disagree with the eligibility decision, you always have the right to appeal the decision.
Submitting An Application
An application must be completed in order to assist Westside Regional Center in determining eligibility for the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act. Below you can find all the necessary forms required for Westside Regional Center to initiate the evaluation process. To begin the process:
- Complete the application as accurately as possible.
- Sign the consent form for evaluation and services. The evaluation process cannot begin prior to receipt of your written consent.
- Print out, sign, and submit the entire application and the consent form to WRC’s Intake Department.
Choose one of the following methods to submit your application:
- Scan the documents and send them as an email attachment to IntakeOverAge3@westsiderc.org
- Fax the documents to (310) 338 9597.
- Mail the documents to…
- Westside Regional Center, Intake Over Age 3, 5901 Green Valley Circle, Suite 320, Culver City, CA 90230
- Provide all documents in person to the receptionist at Westside Regional Center
Application questions can be addressed to Noemi Iribe at (310) 258 4121.