Friday, April 29, 2022: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
In California, many special needs families struggle to care for adults who are not able to care for themselves. For these families, a court-approved conservatorship may help. A conservatorship petition allows a responsible person or organization to receive legal powers to provide for the care, needs and protection of their loved ones. This in-person session provides general information about the conservatorship process and in requesting an appointment as a probate conservator.
- Screening for appropriateness of probate conservatorships or available alternatives
- Referrals for other types of assistance
- Overview of conservatorship law
- Rights of the conservatee and responsibilities of the conservator
- The court forms needed to request a conservatorship
- The petitioning process—what to expect before and after the hearing
No advance registration or phone appointment is necessary. Participants register on the day of the program and will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Call The Conservatorship Center at 310-869-9792 and ask for Bruce Kaufer for additional information.
Presented by: Bruce Kaufer, Founder/Attorney at Law, The Conservatorship Center
Registration fee: FREE
Check-in begins: 9:15 a.m.
Notice: Space is limited. Attendees are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information please call The Conservatorship Center at 310-869-9792 or visit the LA Law Library website.