Intake Process—Birth to Three Years of Age
In order to determine your child’s eligibility, Westside Regional Center (WRC) will conduct a comprehensive intake process including evaluation of your child’s developmental level and a review of available medical records/history. The application contains all the information required for WRC to initiate the intake process.
Anyone can make a referral, including parents, legal guardians or conservators, medical care providers, neighbors, family members, foster parents, and day care providers. Professionals and concerned persons may make a referral, however, permission of the individual, parent or legal guardian is necessary. Legally ordered evaluations may come from the courts or Department of Children and Family Services.
The first step that parents may take is to discuss their concerns with their health care provider/doctor. Parents may apply for the Early Start Program by submitting an application (see below).
Within 45 days of receiving an application, WRC will take the following steps:
- Assign an Early Start Intake Specialist to assist the family through evaluation and assessment procedures
- Schedule and complete evaluations and assessments for the child’s development to assist in determining eligibility
- Review all gathered information to determine if the applicant meets the criteria for eligibility
- If an infant or a toddler is eligible for Early Start services, an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) will be developed that addresses the strengths and needs of the infant or toddler, parent concerns, and identifies required Early Start services
- If an infant or toddler is not eligible for Early Start services, the parents will be notified and informed of any appropriate community referrals and recommendations. The appeal procedures will also be explained.
An application must be completed in order to assist WRC to determine eligibility for the California Early Start Program. Below you can find all the necessary forms required for WRC to initiate the evaluation process. The collection of the information on this application is required by the State of California, Department of Developmental Services. To begin the process,
- Complete the application as accurately as possible.
- Firma el consentimiento para evaluación y servicios. El proceso de evaluación no puede comenzar antes de recibir su consentimiento por escrito.
- Print out, sign, and submit the entire application and the consent form to WRC’s Early Start Intake Department.
Para enviar su solicitud elija uno de los siguientes:
- Escanee los documentos y envíelos como ARCHIVO ADJUNTO DE CORREO ELECTRÓNICO a IntakeUnderAge3@westsiderc.org
- Fax the documents to (310) 258 4059
- Mail the documents to Westside Regional Center, Intake Under Age 3, 5901 Green Valley Circle, Suite 320, Culver City, CA 90230
- Deje todos los documentos con la recepcionista en Westside Regional Center.
Application questions can be addressed to Sonia Garcia at (310) 258 4120. You can also find more information about California’s Early Start Program at www.dds.ca.gov/EarlyStart.