WRC SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATIONAL SESSION REGARDING END OF LIFE ISSUES ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th at 10AM-12PM
IN THIS SESSION WE WILL LEARN AND EXPLORE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- What is Transfer Trauma and what can be done to soften it
- How grief can manifest itself in adults with I/DD
- The difference between Hospice and Palliative Care as well as describe what is covered by insurance
- At least 2 myths associated with grief and loss for persons with I/DD
- At least 3 tips or strategies for assisting with the grieving process for the caregiver and the individual with I/DD
Haga clic en el enlace para registrarse: https://westsiderc-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYscuyhqTgsGdNsjdO7THlAaUpcpc4Gg1vU
Meeting ID: 821 5597 3637
Call-in Number: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
On Wednesday, September 7th at 5pm, the WRC Political Action Committee welcomes Wesley Witherspoon who will conduct a virtual voter information session to provide information and resources on the California 2021 Governor Recall Election. Wesley will help prepare participants to complete their ballot and make sure their vote gets counted in time for the September 14th voting deadline. ALL are welcome to attend.
Join us by registering here: https://westsiderc-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrc-qprT8uGNERCsYWwynWFQR_OPmZPgkJ
Meeting ID: 816 4313 4425
Call-In Number: 1 669 900 6833
We invite you to join our next FREE statewide webinar on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. Between the COVID-19 pandemic, economic recession, isolation, and the loss of loved ones; feelings of anxiety, depression, distress, and lack of sleep can sometimes be unavoidable.
Supporting mental health is essential to disability services during these challenging and constantly changing times. Learn tools to recognize and support your mental health or that of an individual with developmental disabilities who you support. Discover the importance of taking time to nurture healing within ourselves and our communities through empathy and understanding. Join our next webinar on Strengthening Mental Health Through Empathy and Understanding.
This webinar will focus on:
· Understanding common mental health challenges
· Recognizing and addressing serious concerns
· Reducing barriers to getting help and readily accessing resources
· How supporting mental health strengthens our communities
Guest speakers from UCP at the Inland Empire y Project Connect will be sharing tools and resources to support mental health in our communities. Members of the disability community will also be present to share personal experiences.
Register at: Webinar.DisabilityThriveInitiative.org