You work hard to help your child receive a safe, appropriate education with the right supports and accommodations. We know the COVID-19 pandemic and distance learning have not made your advocacy any easier. Come join Disability Rights California’s knowledgeable advocates and attorneys to learn about and discuss the nuts and bolts of special education. With multiple topics offered across five days, you can join the sessions that will be most helpful to you! Come learn more about assessments, IEPs, related services and supports, behavior, bullying, transition/life after high school, and what you can do to resolve disagreements with the school.
There will also be a Spanish version of this Summit.
The 5-day summit will be comprised of a series of five 2 hour virtual sessions.
- Day 1: Early Start and Early Intervention Ages 0-3
- Day 2: Special Education Nuts and Bolts
- Day 3: What to do when Behavior and Bullying Interfere with my Child’s Education
- Day 4: Transition – Preparing for Life after High School
- Day 5: The Road to Resolution: Understanding Your Options when you have a Special Education Disagreement with the School