Culver City renters facing financial hardships due to COVID-19 may be eligible to receive temporary rental assistance. The Community Development Department’s Housing Division will offer 12-month rental assistance or 3-month rental catch-up to residents who meet the income and COVID-19 impact qualifications. Eligible applications will be selected by lottery.
The online application period will be open from Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 8 AM until Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM. The application link will be available online once the application period has opened.
Applicants who are unable to apply online must request a paper application, which will be available ONLY on Monday, August 24, 2020 by calling (310) 253-5780 or emailing email@example.com. Paper applications must be postmarked and mailed no later than Monday, August 31, 2020 at 4:30 PM to:
Culver City Community Development Department, Housing Division
9770 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Paper applications may also be submitted by August 31, 2020 by 4:30 PM to the Housing Division drop box located on the second floor of Culver City Hall at the above address.
Applicants do not need to be a U.S. citizen to apply for this program. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a renter within the Culver City boundaries (i.e., zip codes 90230, 90232 or 90066).
- Provide a current lease or rental agreement, documentation or statements from the property owner.
- Meet extremely low, very low, or low-income limits. Applicants will be required to provide documentation of all household members and household income.
- Be economically affected by COVID-19 (e.g., job loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19). Applicants must provide documentation of the inability to pay rent due to COVID-19 related matters and expenses (e.g., medical or childcare).
- Only submit one application per household, address or social security number.
For additional information, please see COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program information flyer, or call (310) 253-5780, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Consulte el folleto del programa de asistencia de emergencia COVID-19 para obtener más detalles del programa.