ALL SANTA MONICA RESIDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS
ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER HOUSEHOLD/ADDRESS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides limited rental funds to eligible Santa Monica residents that can demonstrate a loss of income or increase in expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and can demonstrate the need for rental support.
To be eligible for the Rental Housing Assistance Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently reside in a rental unit in the City of Santa Monica.
- NOT be a POD (Preserving Our Diversity) or rental housing voucher recipient
- Provide proof of loss of income or increase in expenses related to COVID-19, which makes you unable to pay rent.
- Qualify as a low-income household
|Persons in Household ||1 ||2 ||3 ||4 ||5 ||7 ||7 ||8 |
|Monthly gross income ||$5,258 ||$6,008 ||$6,758 ||$7,508 ||$8,113 ||$8,713 ||$9,313 ||$9,913 |
|Annual gross income ||$63,100 ||$72,100 ||$81,100 ||$90,100 ||$97,350 ||$104,550 ||$111,750 ||$118,950 |
Online applications will be available in multiple languages via link below. Paper applications be available to be picked up at the Thelma Terry Building at Virginia Avenue Park, 2200 Virginia Avenue Santa Monica 90404.
DEADLINE: Online and paper applications are due at noon on Friday, July 17, 2020
If you prefer a paper application, see details below:
- Applications will be available at Virginia Avenue Park Thelma Terry Building: 2200 Virginia Avenue Park, beginning on Tuesday July 7th at 12pm.
- Applications can be accessible in front of the Thelma Terry Building – in a glass display case.
- Applications can be submitted in person to City staff at Virginia Avenue Park at the Thelma Terry Building on:
- Thursday July 9th 11-5pm
- Friday July 10th 11-5pm
- Saturday July 11th from 9-4pm
- Sunday July 12th from 9-1pm
- Thursday July 16th from 11-8pm
- Friday July 17th from 9-12pm